Take a note from the always gorgeous, fresh-faced Lucy Liu and amp up your beauty repertoire with this easy-to-follow Lui-inspired makeup tutorial. With her knockout style and dazzling eyes, Lui is the ultimate muse for any beauty buff or fashion fanatic. If you’re looking to snag Lucy Lui’s enviable look, here are a few tips on how to emulate Lui’s famous peepers and make them work for you. Remember, Lui is the inspiration, but your makeup regime should highlight your own one-of-kind features, so be creative, play and figure out what suits you.
Lashes (individual or strip lashes)
Eye Liner (waterproof optional) black, white or silver
Eye shadow Primer
Eye Lash Curler
1. Start with a fresh, moisturized face and apply concealer and foundation working from the T-zone outwards.
2. Before dipping into the eye shadow, apply loose powder directly under the eyes onto the cheekbones using a sponge. This I called a powder guard; it will help keep your base pristine while you apply shadow to your lids.
3. Apply eye shadow to your brows, using a flat-angle brush, until you achieve your desired shape. Be sure to select a shadow that matches your natural brow color; however, if you have very fair brows select a shadow that is a shade darker. Fill in brows until the desired shape is achieve.
4. Prep the eyes with eye shadow primer and powder as well.
5. Using a small brush, apply a metallic apricot color just above the eyelid fold.
6. Now, with a wider brush, apply a soft peachy copper shadow and blend above the lid in a circular motion.
7. Next, load the brush with a deep purple color. Keep the shape rounded and blend up to the eye fold.
8. Apply the same deep purple eye shadow color to the lower lash line; two-thirds of the way along the lower lid. Note you do not have to blend the edges as much; this will give you a wide-eyed look you’ll love. Tip It is important to enhance the middle of the eyes, to open them up and make them appear wider.
9. Apply black eyeliner to the waterline of the eye, extending it slightly from the lash line. As with any application to the inner rim, you will need to reapply throughout the day or evening.
10. Using a fine brush, apply silver eyeliner or white eyeliner to the inner eye, stopping one-third of the way along.
11. Clear up any shadow fallout by brushing away your powder guard with a large powder brush.
12. Apply short individual lashes or lash strips along the lash bed of your upper lids, wait for the glue to dry, then apply two coats of jet-black mascara to both the top and bottom lashes. If you’re feeling confident you can either apply individual lashes to the bottom lash line, or use lash strips.
13. Choose a blush color that looks natural to your skin complexion is recommended. Apply in a sweeping motion, blending from the hairline to the apples of the cheeks.
14. Prep your kisser with a lip conditioner and wait 10 minutes before applying your chosen pigment. Because the eyes are dramatic opt for a neutral lip color to complete your look.